Jump onto the TikTok Train
As a creator, are you thinking about taking the plunge and incorporating TikTok content into your social strategy? Or are you already on TikTok but you’re not sure whether to keep trying to build a following or stick to just one platform? Here are some facts and tips that may help reassure you that creating content on TikTok is worth the time and effort:
1. “Insider Intelligence analysts predict that TikTok will surpass Instagram in influencer marketing spending by 2024.” - Forbes
At this time, Instagram is still in the lead with Influencer spending at $2.23 billion spent in 2022 compared to $774.8 million on TikTok. However, with user behavior shifting, TikTok is taking content one step further than other platforms with videos created as a form of entertainment. That brings us to the next incredible fact:
2. “In July , Google senior vice president Prabhakar Raghavan publicized internal data suggesting almost 40% of 18- to 24-year-olds in the US go to TikTok and Instagram over Google for their search needs.” - Insider Intelligence
As opposed to stumbling on something of interest on other platforms such as Pinterest, users are using TikTok as “retailtainment” to proactively search for categories that interest them or items to shop for, as they would a search engine. This is a big enticement for brands to work on the platform.
3. “It’s easy to get TikTok famous when you compare it to older social networks. It’s still a grind like any other platform, but you’re more likely to go viral in these early stages.” - Forbes
It seems TikTok has mastered its algorithm to reach the right audiences and get video views up at incredible speed. Rather than a long game like other platforms, TikTok still requires work but the chances of going viral and growing a following for each piece of content are much higher. As a bonus, growing on TikTok could lead to a boost of followers and increase engagement on other channels.
In addition to these facts, here’s some additional insight from personal experience as a Talent Manager:
- Less work, more money: charge more for one video that gets posted to both channels.
- More opportunities: we get lots of requests for projects specifically on TikTok and even the Instagram projects are likely to have a TikTok component (repost). Stop missing out on these opportunities.
- Creator Marketplace: get campaign opportunities directly on the platform. Learn more here.
Let’s face it, the social media landscape is changing and it’s important to adapt and change with it. TikTok has become much more than posting funny videos and learning new dance trends. It has real benefits for creators and offers wonderful opportunities that are only predicted to keep growing. The only question now is, what are you waiting for? Jump on it!
TikTok is winning over Gen Z searchers, Insider Intelligence